Dominion wants the bloggers to know the amazing benefits of eBill (electronic billing), not only is it super easy and FREE but it really helps our environment. Not only is Dominion an advocate of eBilling, so are many banks, insurance companies, cable bills, and even some landlords.
According to PayitGreen.org…
By switching to electronic bills, statements, and payments, every year the average household can:
• Save 6.6 pounds of paper
• Save 0.079 trees
• Avoid use of 4.5 gallons of gasoline to mail bills, statements, and payments
• Avoid release of 63 gallons of wastewater into the environment
• Avoid producing 171 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions
If 20 percent of households (22,876,800 households) were to switch to electronic bills, statements, and payments, every year the collective impact would:
• Save 150,939,615 pounds of paper
• Save 1,811,275 trees
• Avoid creating 1,439,601,370 gallons of wastewater
• Avoid creating enough wastewater to fill 2,180 Olympic-size swimming pools
• Avoid filling 8,597,328 household garbage bags with waste
• Avoid filling 6,141 garbage trucks with waste
• Avoid using 102,945,600 gallons of gasoline to mail bills, statements and payments
• Avoid producing 3,920,802,916 pounds (1,960,402 tons) of greenhouse gas emissions
Check more amazing statistics at PayitGreen.org and sign up for Dominion's eBill today.
Don’t forget to help others conserve energy and save money by sharing this page.
14 hours ago