- Encourage your leasing agent to change your air filter on a regular basis. This will make living more comfortable and give your AC unit a break.
- Make sure your AC is set at a reasonable temperature (78 in the summer, 68 in the winter) and have it set on AUTO versus ON. It can potentially save you a lot of money.
- Keep your freezer and refrigerator stocked. A full freezer/refrigerator helps it run more efficiently.
- Recycle your newspapers, OJ cartons, soda bottles and everything else.
- Make the switch to CFL light bulbs. Many people don’t want to switch because they will only live in that apartment for a year or two and don’t want to invest the money. How about this – change the lighbulbs to CFLs and if you move, take your CFLs with you and put the old bulbs back in (with a note on them to change to CFLs)!
- Add some house plants to your apartment. 2 plants per 100 square feet can clean out the toxins in the air better than any disinfectant or spray.
Join Us and Bike to Work
12 hours ago