Here are your quiz answers from last week’s Energy Conservation Quiz:
1. Which is more efficient?
A. One 60-watt incandescent bulb
B. Two 15-watt CFL bulbs
2. Does premium (high octane) gas improve an automobile's fuel efficiency?
3. How much energy does a ceiling fan use?
A. Equal to a 40-watt lightbulb
B. Equal to microwave use for 5 minutes
C. Equal to 3/4 of the dishwasher
D. Equal to a 100-watt lightbulb
4. How often should you change your disposable filters for central air conditioner/heating units?
A. Once a year
B. Once a week
C. Once a month
D. Once every 6 months
5. If you raise your thermostat, you can reduce your cooling costs by…
A. 1-3 percent
B. 5-10 percent
C. 12-17 percent
D. 15-20 percent
6. At what speed should you roll the windows up and turn on the AC in your car for it to run most efficient?
7. When you open the oven door, it drops the temperature how many degrees?
A. 10 degrees
B. 15 degrees
C. 20 degrees
D. 25 degrees
8. Shading air conditioning units with trees or shrubs, can help the unit run up to how much more efficient?
A. 2 percent
B. 4 percent
C. 8 percent
D. 10 percent
9. The optimal temperature setting of a refrigerator is…
A. 20-27 degrees
B. 32-39 degrees
C. 30-35 degrees
D. 40-43 degrees
10. The optimal temperature setting of a hot water heater is…
A. 120–125 degrees
B. 110-115 degrees
C. 135-145 degrees
D. 150-165 degrees
Don’t forget to help others conserve energy and save money by sharing this page.
10 Apps For A Greener Garden
14 hours ago