- Which is more efficient?
A. One 60-watt incandescent bulb
B. Two 15-watt CFL bulbs
- Does premium (high octane) gas improve an automobile's fuel efficiency?
- How much energy does a ceiling fan use?
A. Equal to a 40-watt lightbulb
B. Equal to microwave use for 5 minutes
C. Equal to 3/4 of the dishwasher
D. Equal to a 100-watt lightbulb
- How often should you change your disposable filters for central air conditioner/heating units?
A. Once a year
B. Once a week
C. Once a month
D. Once every 6 months
- If you raise your thermostat, you can reduce your cooling costs by…
A. 1-3 percent
B. 5-10 percent
C. 12-17 percent
D. 15-20 percent
- At what speed should you roll the windows up and turn on the AC in your car for it to run most efficient?
- When you open the oven door, it drops the temperature how many degrees?
A. 10 degrees
B. 15 degrees
C. 20 degrees
D. 25 degrees
- Shading air conditioning units with trees or shrubs, can help the unit run up to how much more efficient?
A. 2 percent
B. 4 percent
C. 8 percent
D. 10 percent
- The optimal temperature setting of a refrigerator is…
A. 20-27 degrees
B. 32-39 degrees
C. 30-35 degrees
D. 40-43 degrees
- The optimal temperature setting of a hot water heater is…
A. 120–125 degrees
B. 110-115 degrees
C. 135-145 degrees
D. 150-165 degrees
Don’t forget to help others conserve energy and save money by sharing this page.