In booking your spring break trips to exotic locations (Cancun? Alaksa? Europe?), why not consider seeking out ways to travel the green way? There are numerous ways to go green while on vacation:
- Choose eco-friendly locations - meaning some places are more eco-friendly than others and can handle large amounts of human traffic.
- Choose to stay in environmentally-friendly hotels.
- Pack lightly. The heavier the bag, the more energy the mode of transportation is going to burn.
- Leave your destination cleaner than you found it.
- Consider purchasing carbon offsets to reduce the carbon emissions produced from your trip.
Taking a vacation from school life doesn’t mean you have to take a vacation on implementing green practices. Consider these tips and let us know what you do to make your spring break travels green.