'Tis the season for the chore called Spring Cleaning. For me, I have to motivate myself to get ready to clean (not my favorite household chore). But this year I am thinking about it positively, thinking of all the energy I will save.
There are some chores you may want to add to your cleaning list that will help you save energy and money leading into the cooling season.
- Dust the lamps and lightbulbs. The dust and grime on the bulb makes it dirty, reducing the amount of light it gives off.
- Clean your air filter. Replacing air conditioning filters allows for the system to run efficiently.
- Clean the air return vents. Make sure drapes and furniture aren’t blocking the vents.
- Vacuum the refrigerator coils. The dust builds up, causing the fridge to run less efficiently.
- Thoroughly dust electronics and then unplug them when not in use.
- Scrub the tub and then install low flow showerheads.