- Enjoy the grilled hamburgers, chicken, or tofu with reusable utensils. Buy plates and silverware made of biodegradable material.
- Buy locally grown produce.
- Using a party tub full of ice and cold beverages? Also designate a recycling tub for all the cans and plastic bottles.
- Since you will be outside enjoying the weather, remember to draw the shades in the house to keep excess sunlight out and also turn the thermostat up, no use in cooling a house no one is in.
- To enjoy the fireworks outside, turn the inside lights off – it reduces any light interference.
- Consider buying Carbon Offsets to reduce your party’s footprint.
We hope you enjoy the holiday and if there are others ways you are conserving, let us know.