Since there are many people just trying to get through this snowstorm and haven’t given much consideration to this Valentine’s Day, we’re here to help at the blog!
Here are some ideas to help you skip the red/pink and go green!
- Instead of purchasing roses for your ‘boo’ shipped in from across the world, purchase locally grown flowers.
- Better yet, get your ‘sugar’ a rose plant. In the early summer, you’ll have many blooming roses!
- Hand craft a card instead of purchasing one, but if you do want to purchase one, try and find a 100% post-consumer waste paper card.
- Purchasing chocolate? Try to find a chocolate manufacturer who uses renewable energy to power their factory, like Theo Chocolate or try the taste of organic chocolate.
- Go with a holistic therapy (like a massage, or health spa!). Why not? It can be a couple’s retreat from the harsh cold winter many are experiencing.
- Instead of buying your ‘honey bunches’ a gift, what about helping them with a project around the house and take it off the ‘honey do’ list.