But before you get the standard items, consider making more environmentally friendly purchases (Environmental 101). This will help conserve energy on a large scale (Macro 101) as well as make your kids look as cool as possible (Sociology 101).
We’ve collected some neat ideas for back to school items:
- Pencils. Gaining popularity on the market are pencils made out of old recycled newspapers. http://www.treesmart.com/ They’re hip, stylish, and are packed full of neat information!
- A staple-free stapler. Never worry about getting a refill of staples again. http://www.cb2.com
- Reusable lunch bags. You can pick them up for $1 at your local grocery store.
- Reusable water bottles. You can make a gallon lemonade and refill it throughout the week. www.theultimategreenstore.com
- A refurbished bookbag. Instead of getting the kids a new bookbag, why not put patches of their favorite fabric (like their favorite sports team) and sew them on to make it extra trendy.
Have a great school year!