While you are planning New Year’s Eve parties, consider these ways in which your party can “go green” and start your year off on a green note:
- Keep it simple with electronic invitations.
- Use biodegradable party streamers or soy candles as the décor.
- Pop the cork on organic bubbly.
- Keep it simple and try easy-to-fix, locally grown appetizers as a way to satisfy appetites.
- Rent champagne flutes, instead of buying plastic.
- Enjoy! You and your friends can enjoy the improved brilliance of the Times Square New Year’s Ball, which is now lit with LED bulbs.