Jets vs Steelers and Packers vs Bears look to be a couple of great games and they're taking place this weekend.
To help fans who love to partake in the tailgating tradition, especially the ones in Pittsburgh and Chicago (sites of the games), I figured it’d be kind to pass along some football eco-friendly advice…
- Before you leave the house – If you’re trekking to the game bearing the cold, consider turning your home’s thermostat down a few degrees.
- In the car to the stadium – Carpool. It’s one of the simplest ways to reduce fuel consumption (and to reduce congestion in the parking lot, every car counts).
- At the tailgating site, set up a garbage bag to collect all of the aluminum cans. When you get home, recycle them.
- Instead of bringing paper plates, bring some of your dishes from home. When you’re done, just take them back home to wash and use again. Similarly, use cloth napkins instead of paper towels. It really helps cut down on the trash generated.
- When you’re in the stadium, look for recycling bins to toss your empty bottles instead of the trash.