Take the energy conservation quiz below to test your knowledge. Answers will be posted next week!
1) On average, what percentage of your bill goes to heating/cooling your home?
2) What temperature should you set your thermostat at during the winter for maximum efficiency?
3) What percentage of homes built before 1980 are considered well insulated?
4) True or False: Landscaping can impact your bill.
5) The average person uses _________ of water when taking a shower.
a. 2 gallons
b. 10 gallons
c. 45 gallons
d. 20 gallons
6) The proper temperature for your hot water heater (for maximum efficiency) is____.
7) True or False: The distance between your shower and your hot water heater can impact your bill.
8) How often should you replace your furnace/air conditioning filter?
a. Every 6 months
d. Every 2 weeks
9) True or false: On average, baths use less water than showers.
10) On average, standby power- electricity used by appliances when “off” but not unplugged - is about _____% of residential electricity use.
The ABCs and Your Skin
19 hours ago