One of the best elements about conservation is how easy it is. Yes, there are countless expert projects across the board (crawling through a 12 inch crawl space to add new insulation for one) but there are many other projects that require very little effort on the customer’s end.
Dominion’s programs are an easy way for us to help our customers maximize their energy savings. Here’s a quick rundown of what programs we currently offer in our Virginia service area:
- Lighting Program (Home). We all know Compact Fluorescent Light bulbs (CFLs) are great for cutting consumption, and thanks to a discount brought to you by Dominion, they are also an affordable energy saving option. The bulbs available for purchase at a discounted price through our program are high quality GE and Feit Electric bulbs, producing great light output. A 13W CFL bulb is equivalent to a 60W incandescent; CFLs use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs and can last up to 10 times as long. With Dominion’s discount, you can purchase a pack of bulbs for just a few dollars. dom.com/LightingProgram
- Smart Cooling Rewards (Home). Another easy program to sign up for and not think about again. The concept is simple: Dominion will pay you $40 each program summer season to cycle on and off your air conditioner or heat pump system during periods of high demand. Typically cycling will occur for about four hours per event, between 2 PM and 6 PM, and will not occur on weekend or holidays. In less than one year, over 20,000 folks have enrolled in the program. Visit our website to find out if you’re eligible to participate. dom.com/SmartCooling
- Home Energy Improvement (Home). Simple concept producing great conservation results. Income-qualifying customers receive a free in-home energy audit and installed energy efficient measures. An energy specialist conducts an energy audit in your home and installs energy efficiency improvements in the same visit with your permission. Some of the improvements may include: attic insulation, weather-stripping, wrapping pipes, sealing cracks, installing CFL bulbs, caulking windows, replacing air filters, and installing a low-flow shower-head. dom.com/HEI
- HVAC Rewards (Business). If you’re a business owner, building manager, or energy specialist for your company, you probably know that HVAC systems account for almost 40% of your business’s energy costs. Select a participating contractor to upgrade your old HVAC system to a more efficient unit and apply for a rebate from Dominion. Your new unit must feature a rating that is greater than the current national minimum efficiency standards. dom.com/HVACRewards
- Lighting Rewards (Business). Similar to our HVAC program, Dominion provides a rebate when you install more efficient lighting in your business through a participating contractor. Whether it is upgrading from T12s to T8s, replacing incandescent bulbs to CFLs, installing LED exit signs, or installing more efficient ballasts, there is a large opportunity to conserve with lighting. dom.com/LightingRewards
NOTE: These programs will soon be available in Dominion’s North Carolina service area. More information coming soon!