Now is the time of year to tune-up your heat pump system and prepare for the cold months ahead. Properly maintained systems work better and last longer. Routine maintenance is the best way to prolong the life of your existing heat pump system.
What is the Heat Pump Tune-Up program?
Dominion’s Heat Pump Tune-Up program provides qualifying residential customers with rebates for maintenance tune-ups of existing heat pump equipment. If your system is six months old or older, now is the time to schedule a tune-up and ensure your unit is clean and has good air flow.
A typical heat pump tune-up consists of:
- Checking refrigerant pressure and inspecting tubing
- Cleaning and lubricating the indoor blower unit and checking fans
- Cleaning inside and outside coils
- Checking thermostat, wiring, and all associated electrical parts
- Checking and replacing air filters
- Inspecting condensate drains
- Verifying proper airflow
Take advantage of the rebate program and schedule your appointment today. Contact a local participating contractor to discuss your heat pump tune-up. A complete list of participating contractors can be found at www.dom.com/contractorsearch.
Start saving money and energy today!