Did you know that in a typical house, about 20 percent of the air moving through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts*? Proper sealing of your home’s duct and air distribution system can significantly improve airflow, offering many benefits including lowering your energy bill, increasing the energy efficiency of your home, and improving your comfort.
What are some indications your home has poorly performing ducts?
- High summer and winter utility bills.
- Rooms in your home are difficult to heat and cool.
- Rooms feel stuffy and never seem to get to the right temperature.
- Ducts are located in an attic, crawlspace, or the garage.
- There are tangled or kinked flexible ducts in the system.
- Reduce energy use in your home, which can save you money—properly sealed ducts often pay for themselves in energy savings.
- Improve indoor comfort by eliminating the loss of conditioned air to the attic, crawlspace, or other places where your existing duct system may be leaking.
- Reduce the risk of pollutants entering and circulating through your home, improving indoor air quality.
To contact a participating contractor in your local area for more information, or to schedule an appointment, go to www.dom.com/contractorsearch or call 1-888-366-8280.
Stay warm and save money and energy this winter… and year-round!